Swiss Payroll Specialist (all genders) Tax & Legal
With the ever-increasing focus on global compliance by tax authorities, the timely management and compliant delivery of compensation and payroll is becoming increasingly important.
The Global Employer Services (GES) team, as part of the Deloitte Tax & Legal practice at Deloitte, provides multi-national companies with targeted advice and strategies for running Global Mobility programs in an efficient manner. Our team supports clients with the end-to-end management of global compensation for internationally mobile employees and with local Swiss payroll and shadow payroll solutions.
What we offer: you will be part and work closely together with our Global Mobility tax and immigration professionals. Our payroll team is fully integrated with this team, which will give you the opportunity to develop yourself in other areas than payroll and be part of an end-to-end service delivery to our clients. You will work in an international environment and will have the opportunity to be help further develop our payroll offering that is growing fast. You will have the opportunity to work independently and take ownership of your engagements. We consider Swiss and international payroll as one of our key focus areas for future growth and you will be part of an exciting journey.
We provide a team-oriented culture that allows for both personal and professional growth. Our working environment provides opportunities for creative and self-motivated employees, keen to develop themselves, the team and our relationship with our clients. Competitive compensation and benefits are offered as well as a broad training programme.
As a Payroll Specialist you are involved with the monthly payroll runs and shadow payroll runs for our clients. You ensure proper documentation of all payroll changes, maintain, and update our payroll databases on a regular basis. Further you ensure compliance with applicable payroll laws/regulations. Working within our dynamic and agile environment, enables you to also develop and document payroll processes and reporting tools based on best practices.
How you can make an impact
- Timely, accurate monthly/quarterly/semester/annual payroll processing in ABACUS where data collection, control of master data, and adjustments have been previously assessed, consolidated and in accordance with country local requirements.
- Payroll processing from A-Z including: entering data into databases & spreadsheets; handling direct deposits of salary payments via EBICS; distribution of payslips; ensuring payroll controlling through internal checks; monthly withholding tax and social security reportings via ELM; ensure bonus rounds & all equity transactions are captured & processed within the pay periods
- Liaising with the local social security, tax and pension authorities for accurate reporting
- Monthly, year-end reporting to the social institutions including preparation of Salary Certificates within Abacus
- Support with Payroll offerings, Power Point presentations, payroll statistics; schedule, facilitate and participate in client meetings; advise clients on payroll / shadow payroll compliance (Swiss and international)
- A minimum 3 years of professional experience and have a commercial education and further education in HR/Payroll area or within tax
- A growing interest to learn new systems and have a technical affinity for the usage of payroll tools (Abacus/SAP)
- You have a flair for numbers, excellent analytical skills, you are conscientious and trustworthy
- You work in a solution-oriented and responsible manner
- You work independently, take the initiative and have a good network in the Swiss market in order to build client relationships
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team of 50+ at our Zurich office. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Stella at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 8056